5.04.2011

Filler


While I'm in between projects I figure I could fill some space with more earlier builds, that were forgotten about. Just random stuff from the past year or two.

Here's a modified Crybaby Wah (JH-1).

Don't remember exactly all that I did...obviously painted the top. Removed it entirely, along with the rubber grip prior to. Changed the tone voicing slightly for a better match with bass. The jh1 is set stock in between the normal crybaby and bass version. There's a wah voice control now, that really makes the pedal much more musical. The toggle switch removes a cap to change from wah to volume. Pretty neat, but not the greatest sweep for a volume pedal.
I believe some/most of the mods can be found at Stinkfoot's page.

                        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next up, a custom job for CBA713 of ILoveFuzz that I apparently did in August. It's a voltage starve, a la Beavis Audio's Devolt, that C' dubbed, "Jervolt."


                             +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some of you may recognize this one. It's a Melx2 from Mellowtone. Similar to the Electra Distortion of yesteryear, it's a great dirt box that I will always have. Mine is only slightly different from the ones you'd normally see. I added a switch to change between clipping diode pairs...1n914?(stock, silicon) & some germanium ones I got out of an old busted walco pedal.


1 comment:

  1. Hello friend. I am trying to do the same thing, with my silicon fuzz face.... Could You please tell me An easy way to do it? Looks like You connect the germanium diode directly on the switch, is it correct?

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete