5.04.2011

My recent day off

Finally got a day off after a couple weeks, so it was time to build something! 

A long time friend, Paul, painted an enclosure for me many months ago. I had it sitting around forever waiting for the right circuit to match it with. Decided on the AMZ Jfet Splitter, by Jack Orman. Takes your input signal and splits it into 2 (or more) equal outputs.


Something like this can be very useful with some planning. For instance, I've been using it to run modulation to the effect channel (trem & verb) on my silvertone, while the other out runs dirt to my "clean" channel. Makes it easy to set things in the mix. With both channels running together, you can EQ them slightly different, which makes for some great, full tone. Of course you could also make any effect stereo...think of the possibilities with things like delays that are already stereo...



 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This here is an Electra type circuit designed by Renegadrian. Gives more gain to the original. The Lovepedal Woodrow can be built with the same layout. I have everything socketed (good thing too), so I'm still tweaking to my liking. As it was, way too loud and trebly. The toggle switch will be for swapping clipping diodes most likely, or maybe cap values for treb/bass.




The enclosure is from a walco boost type pedal, that I actually had a diff boost built into for a while. There was an extra hole on the bottom front from the orig layout, so I decided to make this a "window" for the LED. I glued in some foggy vinyl material to diffuse it and seal the opening.












2 comments:

  1. Cool artwork on the enclosure. What's the pedal called?
    Nice battery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have a name for it, haha. If I make more then I might come up with something.

    ReplyDelete